Epiphany brings class to little 500

The Epiphany Modeling Troupe wants to bring some class and fashion to IU’s Little 500 weekend with ‘A Black & White Affair,” “mocktail” dinner paty.

Epiphany’s dinner party is a chance for the troupe to say thank you to their supporters with live performances, food and a good time. But it also provides IU students with an experience different from their typical college parties.

Senior LaTroy Hampton, founder of Epiphany, said attendees should dress in their cocktail party best and the dress code will be strictly enforced.

“For the females, a nice elegant dress would be appropriate,” said freshman and model Ebony Holmes. “We don’t want to go prom-style, a nice evening gown along with light make-up, nothing too heavy.”

For the guys: dress slacks, dark colors, nice dress shoes, a shirt and a tie are appropriate, Hampton said. Guys don’t need a suit jacket.

The annual fashion show will feature clothes from 14 different stores around Bloomington, and the theme of the show centers around zodiac signs.

“Basically we took the normal zodiac signs ... and four different natural elements,” Hampton said. “We combined the naturalistic values like fire and air or earth and water, and we made scenes out of that. So it’s sort of a twist on zodiac signs.”

After the show, a short memorial service will take place for junior Gregory Willoughby.
Hampton said he hopes these events will give students a chance to meet Epiphany’s models and see what the organization is all about.

“Our organization’s purpose is to raise self-esteem, self-awareness and body image. It’s being comfortable in your own skin,” said Brittany Kraus, junior and president of Epiphany. “I just hope ... that you can see the growth of individuals throughout the semester.”