Saturday, June 15

Q & A with Cobra Starship

Cobra Starship

IDS: How do you like Bloomington?
Ryland: I’ve only been here for under an hour. We’re going to play, pack up our stuff and get on a plane and go back to New York.
Alex: I think it’s a beautiful campus. I’m glad we’re catching it while all the leaves are changing.

IDS: Where are you headed next?
Ryland: San Francisco. I love San Francisco. I’m totally looking forward to it. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities.

IDS: How do you feel about the B-Town Bash set-up?
Victoria: I love the huge pink stage because I’m a fan of the color pink. I shop VS all of the time. It’s kind of ridiculous. Every bra and underwear I own are VS.
Alex: I can’t believe it. It’s almost bigger than Lollapalooza stage right here. The whole thing’s pink.

IDS: What’s your favorite part of performing for a college campus?
Alex: I didn’t really get to go to college. It’s cool to taste the experience.

IDS: What’s it like working with “Gossip Girl’s” Leighton Meester?
Ryland: It’s cool. My girlfriend’s a big fan of the show. She flipped her wig when I told her about that. We’re aware of the show. It’s a New York show about New York people and we live in New York, so we knew all about the show beforehand. Also, when you start your career doing a song for “Snakes on a Plane,” you pretty much level your opportunity to do other collaborations with people who are on popular TV or movie or whatever. So, we felt like it was a cool opportunity.
Victoria: It was awesome. She’s really sweet, really professional, great and friendly. I liked her a lot. Whenever I see her it’s like ‘Oh, we’ve got to hang out!” but we never actually hang out.

IDS: How did you guys progress from “Snakes on a Plane” to “Good Girls Go Bad?”
Ryland: Vitamins. Taking our vitamins and getting plenty of rest. I don’t know, just very organically. I haven’t really stopped at all to think about it, we tour constantly. We’ve been going with the flow, taking ‘em as they come.

IDS: Have you ever experienced an insane fan?
Ryland: No, not enough. I’m ready for crazy fans to try throwing themselves at me. We have some pretty high energy fans, but it’s appreciated. Nothing that crazy. No suicide bombings.