Monday, June 17

Club takes on No. 7 Oklahoma

Hockey

It will be a battle of school colors this weekend at The Frank Southern Center as the men’s hockey team plays yet another top-25 team.

No. 22 IU (3-9) takes on No. 7 Oklahoma (3-3-1). Both teams will wear the cream and crimson.

IU had another set of close games last weekend at No. 6 Central Oklahoma, but has yet to get the big win they are looking for against a D-I opponent.

Senior defenseman Tyler Bohman said he knows the team has been putting in a lot of work to finally get past the hump against top-tier teams.

“This week, we are having some really intense practices,” he said. “They are all with the goal of looking to beat a top-10 team in the nation.”

Oklahoma brings size and speed into Bloomington this weekend that should lead to a lot of aggressive and exciting play from both teams.

The hockey program has put together a special Halloween atmosphere for all those that attend this weekend. Friday’s game begins at 9:15 p.m. and will be college night with a discounted admission to all students that wear costumes.

Saturday’s start time is 2:30 p.m. and will offer free admission to children 12 and under.

Coach Tom Orr thinks that this is the Hoosiers’ chance to finally get their big win against a D-I program.

“The pattern continues of us playing the very best of the best,” he said. “We are hoping to finally get a win over them.”