Grizzly Bear: Something to Roar About

Grizzly Bear comes to the Buskirk-Chumley

Grizzly Bear band members

If you’re a Grizzly Bear fan, you’ll need to be at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater on Tuesday night. If you’re not, seriously consider converting.

The Brooklyn-based quartet is coming to town and bringing with them what promises to be one hell of a live show. With the release of its new album, “Veckatimest,” the band makes a stop in Bloomington, along with opener Here We Go Magic, whose self-titled debut contains single “Tunnelvision” – a hazy pop-inspired folk tune, a sound that will nicely complement Grizzly Bear’s songs.

Though the opening act looks promising, the main event consists of singer-songwriter Ed Droste, drummer Christopher Bear, bassist Chris Taylor (also the band’s producer and sound engineer) and singer-songwriter-guitarist Daniel Rossen. Though the band got its start in 2004 with the release of “Horn of Plenty,” it was 2006’s “Yellow House” that really debuted its signature sound.

The anticipation alone of new release “Veckatimest” was enough to secure Grizzly Bear’s place in music lovers’ hearts, but take note: The album really delivers. Currently, lead single “Two Weeks” is the most-played song on IU’s student-run radio station, WIUX, FM channel 99.1.

Tickets are on sale at the Buskirk-Chumley’s box office, 114 E. Kirkwood Ave., for $15 each. The opening act takes the stage at 9 p.m.