2 men flee scene on foot

Bloomington Police Department officers responded at 6:01 p.m. Tuesday to 11th and Fairview streets to reports of an accident that all persons in the vehicle fled on foot.

Stanley T. Langley, 18, faces preliminary charges for leaving the scene of an accident, possession of stolen property, operating a vehicle while never receiving a license and operating without financial responsibility.

A 15-year-old juvenile in the vehicle was referred on a preliminary charge of theft.

When police arrived they saw a gray Ford Mustang smashed into the railroad overpass wall with extensive front-end damage, said BPD Lt. David Drake, reading from a police report.

BPD Officer Ryan Pedigo ran the license plate on the vehicle, which returned a 2000
Cadillac.

Witnesses told Pedigo that three white males and two white females, who appeared to be in their teens, got out of the vehicle and fled on Fairview Street, Drake said.

Another person told police he was a concerned citizen and believes the two females in question were in a residence on West 13th Street, Drake said.

Police went to the home and found the two females, ages 15 and 13, who admitted they were in an accident and that Langley was the driver. Both complained of head pain and leg pain, and one girl had a small laceration on her right ankle, Drake said. Police called an ambulance for the girls.

The females in the car led police to Langley, where he initially denied being involved in the accident to police, but then admitted to his involvement after he was told there were several witnesses, Drake said. When asked about the stolen license plate, Langley said the other male in the car was the one who stole it and put it on his Mustang because he didn’t have a license plate.

Earlier in the day BPD received a call from a person at First and Walker streets reporting their license plate had been stolen from their vehicle.

When police questioned the 15-year-old boy, he admitted he stole the license plate so they could all “drive around.”