Mother Bear’s collaborates with Giving Back to Africa

Mother Bear’s Pizza will be indirectly supporting people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo today. Mother Bear’s will donate $2 to Giving Back to Africa for every large pizza a customer orders with a coupon through dine-in or delivery.

The deal takes place from 5 p.m. to midnight today. Customers can obtain the coupon either through the Students Taking Active Roles Today Facebook group, by printing off the flyer from givingbacktoafrica.org or by flyer handouts. 

Giving Back to Africa is a nonprofit organization that educates young people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. 

Graduate student Jodi Benenson, president of the School of Public and Environmental Affairs Nonprofit Management Association, helped coordinate
 today’s event.

“We strive to provide supplemental opportunities to nonprofit organizations,” Benenson said.

Today’s fundraiser is part of a week-long community service movement known as the School of Public and Environmental Affairs’ Rally for Service. Students Taking Active Roles Today will be sponsoring community service projects all week throughout the Bloomington community, Benenson said. 

The Giving Back to Africa student organization has recently targeted local businesses to help support its cause, said Dani Walker, the organization’s president.

“The student group approached me and were earnest about it and wanted to do a good job,” said Ray McConn, owner of Mother Bear’s. “It’s a nice thing to help people who want to help other people.”