Choose your own adventure.

Rock climbing

Drift into darkness

Discover the depths of Indiana caves through guided boat tours at Bluespring Caverns. While in the caves, learn how caves form, see rare species, and even help blind fish find their way (Just kidding, they can navigate on their own). Bluespring Caverns guides tours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for $14.

1459 Bluespring Caverns Road, Bedford
(812) 279-9471

Paddle away

Experience custom kayak rides courtesy of Bright Adventures. Meander your way through Brown County’s beautiful Salt Creek, up and down the Monroe Reservoir, or anywhere local you’d like to explore by water. Bright Adventures gets you everything you need for $40 to $100, depending on the duration of your trip.

dan@brightadventure.com
(812) 320-4703

Float on

If you prefer a relaxed adventure, drift high into the clouds with a hot air balloon ride from TJV Balloons. Rides cost $225 per person. Plan for two: We can’t think of anything more romantic than watching the sunset from the sky.

1115 N. College Ave.
(812) 331-0157

Freshen your sea legs

Picture yourself sailing on open water with the sun on your back and the wind in your hair. Sounds pretty good, huh? Sign up for HPER-E164: Sailing (available during both summer sessions) to learn basic sailing terms like rigging (the part of the ship that wind blows through to move it forward) and some snazzy sailor techniques. If you don’t have extra time in your course schedule, check out classes at the Lake Monroe Sailing Association held in June and July. Tip: Pack Dramamine to curb seasickness unless you want to provide chum for the fish.

7600 S. Shields Ridge Road
(812) 824-4611

Nature’s workout

Whether you’re a beginner or your friends call you “Spiderman,” Hoosier Heights has you covered. With climbing walls more than 33 feet tall, there’s something for everyone. Daily passes start at $14, and you can rent all the gear you need for $8 more. Channel your inner competitor for bouldering contests, or climb at your own pace during open gym hours. “It’s one of the few sports you can do by yourself,” says Hoosier Heights employee Ryan Thomas. “When you complete something by yourself, it’s the greatest adrenaline rush.” Another perk: Skip the crowded weight room and get rid of those pounds you gained during the winter. “It’s an excellent workout,” Thomas says. “You burn 600 calories per hour. You’re going to feel it when you go home at the end of the night.”

5100 S. Rogers St.
(812) 824-6414

Spread your wings

If a more extreme adventure is what you’re looking for, drive 45 miles to Franklin, Ind., and dive out of a plane from 10,500  feet in the air. Don’t worry, you won’t be alone. You’ll be strapped to an instructor and free falling for about 35 seconds, followed by a four- to five-minute parachute ride before floating back to the ground. Jerry’s Skydiving Circus offers tandem jumps for $180, or $240 with a video. Shell out the extra 60 bucks — you’ll definitely want to show this at your next family reunion. “It’s something out of the ordinary,” says Richard Money, owner-operator of Jerry’s Skydiving Circus. “If you’re into golf, you’re into golf. If you’re into a good time, you should look into skydiving.” The weight limit is 200 pounds, so lay off the beer for a few weeks, big fella.

3477 S. 200 E., Franklin, Ind.
(812) 988-4316