sports baseball men's basketball

Around Sports

Baseball

Hoosiers’ home opener postponed

The IU baseball team’s hot start will be postponed a day due to poor field conditions.

The Hoosiers’ (2-1) home opener was originally scheduled for Tuesday afternoon against the IU-Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons, but has been postponed with the hope of rescheduling the game for Wednesday.

In the Tampa, Fla., area this weekend, the Hoosiers dropped their season opener Friday against West Virginia in the Big Ten/Big East Challenge. IU then bounced back, winning the next two games against Georgetown and South Florida on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

The Hoosiers plan on facing in-state foe Ball State, invitational host Austin Peay and Cleveland State this weekend at Austin Peay’s warmer diamond in Clarksville, Tenn.

Men’s Basketball

Season’s last game has date, time set

The IU men’s basketball team’s season finale now has a time.

Originally listed as “to be announced” on the team’s Web site, the Hoosiers announced Monday evening their regular season-ender at Wisconsin will take place 7 p.m. Sunday, March 8.

The game will be televised on the Big Ten Network.

The Hoosiers’ (6-20, 1-13) next game is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at home against Northwestern.

To round out its schedule, IU will play at Penn State on Saturday and be host to their final game of the regular season March 3 against Michigan State before ending the regular season at Wisconsin.