Sunday, June 16

Man accused of sexual battery, child molestation

Suspect faces preliminary charges from 3 women

Christopher Scites,
arrested Wednesday

A Bloomington man faces preliminary charges of intimidation, child molestation and sexual battery after police say he touched a 12-year-old girl and 22-year-old woman inappropriately and threatened a woman with a knife.

Christopher Scites, 30, gave the pair a ride to the library on Wednesday. The 22-year-old woman operated Scites’ vehicle, Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Jeff Canada said, reading from a police report.

On the way back from the library, the 22-year-old was again driving the vehicle back to her residence when Scites began to touch her on her leg and around her genital area, Canada said. The woman told him to stop touching her.

He then went to the backseat and began to touch the 12-year-old girl through her clothing around her genital area, Canada said.

After a few minutes, Scites returned to the front seat of the vehicle, Canada said. Once they arrived at the woman’s residence, the 12-year-old called her mother about the incident.

The mother went to the residence, Canada said. Upon arriving at the parking lot, she saw Scites. She exited her car, and Scites began to approach her and threaten to hurt her with a knife, Canada said.

The 12-year-old and 22-year-old were not in the parking lot when Scites approached the mother, Canada said. The mother ran inside the apartment and called the police around 6:20 p.m. Wednesday.

BPD located and arrested Scites, Canada said. He admitted to taking the woman and girl to the library but denied touching either of them.