Tickets issue new complaints

Less than two weeks after the Kirkwood ticket clinched the IU Student Association elections, new information regarding the complaint filed by the Big Red ticket has been released.\nThe Student Body Supreme Court of IU released a decision Sunday evening stating that Adam Pozza, a former congressional candidate on the Kirkwood ticket, will have to pay a fine totaling 20 percent of the Kirkwood ticket’s final campaign expenses. Kirkwood officials had asked the court to fine Pozza 75 percent of their costs.\nThe Student Body Supreme Court document also states that after an examination by University Information Technology Services, Pozza forwarded two of Big Red Presidential Candidate Luke Fields’ campaign e-mails from Pozza’s Gmail account to both the IU Webmail account of president-elect Joe Weis and the Gmail account of Eric J. Gibson, chief external for the Kirkwood ticket.\nPozza said he would not comment on the situation. Weis also declined comment.\nAlison Howard, external affairs chair of the IUSA Supreme Court, said the case is going back to the elections commission because of the new evidence against the Kirkwood ticket.\nHoward said she didn’t know the specific ramifications of Kirkwood’s alleged actions, but she did say both the INdiana ticket and the Big Red ticket have filed additional complaints.\n“If the Kirkwood ticket has at least three violations,” she said, “they could potentially be disqualified.”\nHoward said the hearing is scheduled for April 16.\nIn the original complaint the Big Red ticket filed in early March, Fields alleged that Pozza, a former member of the Kirkwood ticket, accessed Fields’ computer and forwarded e-mails regarding Big Red’s campaign to members of the Kirkwood ticket.\nAccording to the complaint, Fields returned to his Willkie apartment after spending the night in Indianapolis to find six months’ worth of e-mails deleted. After restoring the missing files, he noticed several campaign-related e-mails forwarded to other e-mail addresses.\nThe complaint states the e-mails were forwarded to an address Fields presumed to belong to the IU Undergraduate Finance Club and Gibson, chief of external for the Kirkwood ticket. \nIn response to the original allegations, Weis said Pozza did not act on behalf of the Kirkwood ticket.