Recruit visits Indy, contemplates future

Jacob Kriese

INDIANAPOLIS – IU signee Devin Ebanks attended Friday night’s game against Minnesota in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament, but he said he’s still unsure of his college basketball future.\nEbanks is one of two IU signees for the class of 2008 who have opt-out clauses in their letters of intent because of the departure of former IU coach Kelvin Sampson. \nThe Long Island, N.Y., native told the Indiana Daily Student on Friday during halftime that he is \nstill undecided.\n“I don’t know right now,” Ebanks said.\nThe purpose of the trip to Indianapolis was to meet with IU officials to talk about the future of the program. IU interim coach Dan Dakich and IU assistant coach Ray McCallum visited Ebanks.\n“Right now we have to meet with (Director of Athletics) Rick Greenspan tonight or probably tomorrow, but we haven’t decided yet,” Ebanks said.\nEbanks is ranked as the No. 13 prospect in the nation according to recruiting service www.rivals.com. He committed to the Hoosiers over the summer.\nDressed in a gray IU basketball sweatshirt, Ebanks sat next to Ray McCallum Jr., son of the Hoosier assistant, and displayed little emotion during the game.\nA decision should come soon from Ebanks’ camp on his future with the Hoosiers.\n“I will try to make a decision after the Big Ten Tournament,” Ebanks said.