University disputes reports that Sampson to leave team

-- Update: 2:55 p.m.\nIU Trustee Philip Eskew, Jr. said he didn't expect to hear anything until tomorrow regarding Kelvin Sampson's job situation. He also questioned the validity of several media reports that said Sampson would lose his job. \n"I don't think anybody knows anything, including me," Eskew told the Indiana Daily Student. "I don't think either one of those reports are true."

-- 2:44 p.m.\nIU spokesman Larry McIntyre told the IDS the University is expecting to hold a press conference tomorrow to discuss the future of IU coach Kelvin Sampson.\n"We are sort of assuming on the basis that there is likely to be something," McIntyre said.\nAdditionally, McIntyre told the IDS that faculty athletic representive Bruce Jaffee and University general counsel Dorothy Frapwell had lunch with IU President Michael McRobbie, but did not know the agenda of the lunch. \nSampson is not expected to finish the season, according to a report posted on TV station WTHR out of Indianapolis. Channel 13 sports reporter Rich Nye also said that the University has met with assistant coach Dan Dakich to discuss taking over the team for the season on an interim basis.\nWISH TV Channel 8 out of Indianapolis is further reporting that the University and Sampson are trying to settle on a buyout of Sampson's contract. A team meeting is reportedly scheduled to occur within the hour. \nCheck back at idsnews.com and the basketblog for further coverage.