RPS offers housing during winter break

Students to stay in Eigenmann for the holiday season

With winter break approaching, many students will travel home, while others will make IU a part of their holiday celebrations. Residential Programs and Services offers housing for those students who choose to stay at IU during winter break. So far, about 70 students have signed up to stay. \n“It’s a very limited operation,” said Bob Weith, director of residential operations. “(The atmosphere) is very, very quiet.”\nStudents who are interested in staying during the holiday season have until 5 p.m. Monday to make reservations.\nThis year, students will stay in lounges and any available rooms in Eigenmann Hall. The dining facilities, mail center and desk services will not be open during winter break, but there will be resident assistants on site, according to the Residential Programs and Services Web site.\nThose who are staying in the residence halls during winter break will need to pick up their key Dec. 14. \nIn the past, there have not been many troubles when students stayed in RPS housing during winter break. \n“I’m glad to report that it’s always been tranquil,” Weith said.\nResident assistants who have stayed to work during winter break in the past said they have found the experience enjoyable.\n“Many of the students use the kitchenettes,” said Tiana Iruoje, the Briscoe Quad residential manager. “They’re friends, they like to live together.”\nStudents living in the residence halls this semester, except for graduating seniors, need to move out by 10 a.m. Dec. 15. They are allowed back into the dorms at 8 a.m. Jan. 2.