Colts have work to do after Jacksonville win

INDIANAPOLIS – Good enough. That was the sentiment of Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy concerning his team’s play in Sunday’s 28-25 win over Jacksonville.\nWhile the Colts’ defense has probably been the most consistent aspect of the team’s success this year, it was Indianapolis’ injury-plagued offense that received applause from Dungy.\n“We did get great effort and we knew that’s what it was going to take,” Dungy said Monday. “We played hard. I thought offensively we played as well as we’ve played in quite a while.”\nThe defense, meanwhile, struggled for most of the matchup with the Jaguars but was able to come up with some big plays in the second half.\n“We were just not fundamentally sound and (did) things that we don’t normally do. Just weren’t real sharp,” Dungy said.\n“I guess that I have to take a lot of the blame on that, that we didn’t get some things communicated,” he added.\nIndianapolis was buoyed by the return of rookie offensive tackle Tony Ugoh and veteran strong side linebacker Tyjuan Hagler to the lineup against Jacksonville. Ugoh had missed five games and Hagler four with neck injuries, but both saw extensive playing time against the Jaguars.\nDefensive tackles Raheem Brock (ribs) and Quinn Pitcock (knee) were hurt during the Jacksonville game. Pitcock was able to return, but Brock’s prognosis won’t be known for a couple of days. The Colts are hoping that offensive tackles Ryan Diem (knee) and Daniel Federkeil (concussion), along with cornerback Tim Jennings (upper leg), will be able to return to a full practice schedule this week.\nThe Colts are now 10-2 for the season and 4-0 in divisional play as they head into a road game at Baltimore. Their goals are clear as the season heads into the final stretch, Dungy said.\n“We’ve got to understand where we are right now, that we need a couple of more wins to clinch the division and we’ve got to continue to win to stay in front of Pittsburgh,” Dungy said.