Monday, June 17

Rumors of Senderoff''s resignation surface

IU spokesman says reports are not confirmed

IU spokesman Larry MacIntyre would not confirm reports Monday that Rob Senderoff will resign as assistant IU men’s basketball coach.\nMacIntyre said he did not know whether Senderoff is currently a University employee, and he said he was not informed of any pending resignation. \nHowever, MacIntyre said reports by Fox Sports that sources close to IU athletics said Senderoff would resign today were off the mark.\n“I think that reporter does not know what he is talking about,” MacIntyre said. \nSenderoff has been in the middle of the recent controversy surrounding basketball coach Kelvin Sampson. Sampson admitted on Oct. 14 that members of his coaching staff made illegal phone calls throughout the past year to recruits.\nThe IU Athletics Department contracted legal firm Ice Miller to conduct an investigation into the matter. Their findings are still being compiled in a report, which will soon be submitted to the NCAA, MacIntyre said. \nThat report, he believes, will clarify many rumors that Senderoff will resign as a result of the violations. If the report is not already finished, it soon will be, MacIntyre said, although he would not provide a time frame for when it will be made public. \nThe University intends to release the findings as soon as possible, he said.