2 suspects arrested on robbery charges

Police: Men asked to use bathroom

The Bloomington Police Department has arrested two suspects in a robbery that took place Wednesday.\nAntwaine L. Edmonson, 23 and Willie B. Harris, 18, each face a preliminary charge of armed robbery. Police say Edmonson admitted involvement in the crime Thursday, and Harris turned himself in to police the following day.\nOn Wednesday, a 21-year-old Bloomington resident reported to BPD that he was at home with his family when Edmonson and Harris came to his door and asked to use the bathroom and the phone, BPD Sgt. Jeff Canada said. \nHarris then allegedly put the phone in his pocket, pulled out a gun and robbed the victim.\nEdmonson and Harris fled the scene in a white car and with an undisclosed amount of money, Canada said. Authorities believe the driver of the vehicle was a white female.\nAfter the robbery, Det. Kevin Hill received information that Edmonson goes by the name “Twan G” and was able to obtain a phone number for him. Hill interviewed Edmonson on Thursday, and police say he admitted to being involved in the robbery. Harris turned himself in Friday morning.\nEdmonson and Harris were transported to the Monroe County Jail and are each being held on a $20,000 surety bond and \n$500 cash.\nOfficers are still looking for the driver of the white vehicle. Hill is investigating the robbery and believes others were involved with crime, Canada said.