Zeller says weekend visit ‘went really well’

Notre Dame and Purdue to host prized recruit before decision

High school senior Tyler Zeller made his official visit to Bloomington over the weekend to meet with the IU men’s basketball team and coach Kelvin Sampson. \n“It went really well,” Zeller said. “I knew some of the players before, but just got to spend time with them and coaches talking about the team.”\nBloomington was the second stop on Zeller’s four-school tour this fall. The prior weekend, Zeller and his family flew down to the University of North Carolina to visit coach Roy Williams and the Tar Heels. Zeller said IU and UNC are alike in his opinion.\n“They are very similar schools because they are basketball schools,” he said. “There is not as much focus on the football teams and everyone \nloves basketball.”\nZeller joined the team Saturday to attend the football game against Illinois.\n“The game was fun to go to, although the game was not a very good football game,” Zeller said. “I enjoyed walking around with the team and coaches. People recognized me and started yelling my name and things.”\nWhile Zeller appreciates the recognition, he said it can get old after \na while. \nZeller’s recruiting puzzle will not be complete until he makes his final two visits to Notre Dame and Purdue. \nHe has said from the beginning that he will take all four visits before making a decision one week after his final weekend at Purdue.