New Albany woman busted for marijuana operation

The Indiana State Police Sellersburg District arrested a New Albany, Ind., woman Friday after they learned she was growing marijuana in a fenced area near her residence.\nKatherine A. Frazer, 44, faces preliminary charges of cultivating marijuana over 10 pounds, possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, dealing in marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance, according to an Indiana State Police press release.\nThe Sellersburg Marijuana Eradication Team discovered a large outdoor marijuana operation Friday in the 500 block of Old Corydon Ridge Road in New Albany, Ind. Troopers were flown over the area in a helicopter to see the marijuana farm, according to the press release.\nUniformed officers obtained a search warrant, and when they arrived at the scene to secure the marijuana, they discovered approximately 47 dogs running loose on the property. Floyd County Animal Control was called to the residence and made arrangements for the animals’ care, according to the press release.\nAfter searching the residence, officers seized a total of 83 marijuana plants ranging in height from approximately four to eight feet tall. Police also confiscated plants drying on the porch and several bags of marijuana packaged in a manner consistent with future sale, according to the press release.\nThe estimated street value of the marijuana was approximately $100,000, according to the press release.