Online only: Stardust (PG-13) Grade: A-

Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage

The latest "Harry Potter" just hit, now "Stardust," and in the upcoming months a slew of more fantasy-world movies, including "The Golden Compass," and "The Spiderwick Chronicles," will hit theaters. But, hey, if they're as entertaining as "Stardust," then that magical world of Hollywood can keep 'em coming.\n"Stardust" revolves around Tristan (Charlie Cox), a slightly nerdy teen in a small English village whose border aligns a magical world. Trying to win the affection of local hot girl Victoria, he leaves his village to bring back the remains of a falling star. Turns out said falling star is a real person, played by Claire Danes, and Tristan isn't the only one pursuing her. Together they must fight off an evil witch (Michelle Pfeiffer) set on using the star's heart as a means of immortality and a group of brothers who need her to gain control of their father's kingdom. \nThe beginning of the film feels too much like an adapted version of a book (which it is) relying on the narrator (Ian McKellen) to explain everything that's happening. But once story lines are explained and the action begins, the film becomes very entertaining.\nMuch credit goes to those in designing departments as the look of the film is great. Fantastic costumes, great scenery -- both fake and real (there are plenty of obligatory twirling fantasy-movie shots of mountains and rivers) -- and gruesome makeup blend wonderfully. The special effects are also damn cool. While similar movies can cost upwards of $100 million, the $70 million spent on "Stardust" surprisingly gets away with a lot, even if a few shots look cartoonish. All actors fit their roles perfectly from the famous (Pfeiffer, Ricky Gervais, Sienna Miller) to the not-so-well-known (Cox, David Kelly, Mark Strong).\nWhy "Stardust" wasn't one of the biggest blockbusters of the year is a mystery to me, but after DVD and eventual TV syndication, this one should stand the test of time. While it may not get to "The Princess Bride" status, it's an enjoyable trip.