Online only: Guitar Hero 2: A

The most addictive game in years

When I first put "Guitar Hero II" into my Xbox 360 I played for three hours nonstop until my eyes started warping objects when I looked away from the TV screen.\n I took a few minutes to make sure there wasn't any permanent damage, but then I got right back into the game and played for two more straight hours.\n If you haven't played "Guitar Hero II" yet, you're missing out on one of the most fun and innovative games to come out in years.\n Like most music games, the goal is to hit buttons in rhythm with the notes on screen, but what really takes this game to the next level is the excellent guitar controller that really makes you feel like a guitar hero as you rock out.\n Most of the songs are covers, but most of them sound so close to the original you won't care. This has got to be one of the best licensed gaming soundtracks ever with covers of Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box," Rage Against the Machine's "Killing In The Name Of," and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" making up just a few of the more than 70 songs on the Xbox 360 version (10 of which are exclusive).\n At $90, the price is a little steep (and $10 more than the PS2 version), but for the controller and hours of gameplay you're bound to get form the package, it's more than worth it.\n This is one of those rare games that even non-gamers will want to try out.\n The developers have promised that "Guitar Hero II" will have the most downloadable content of any game released for the 360 so far, but as of now there are only three song packs of three songs from the first game, for a pricey $6.25 each. I think I'll pass on those for now until something can be done about the cost.\n Still, the basic package is an absolutely fantastic game, and if you have a 360 or PS2, should not be missed.