IU to challenge Big Ten rivals at match

Hoosiers look to rebound after recent poor finish

Tournament time is almost here, but first comes a pit stop. \nThe IU women’s golf team will start postseason play soon, but first the Hoosiers have one more regular season task. On Saturday, they will compete in the Lady Buckeye Spring Invitational at the newly renovated Scarlet Golf Course in Columbus, Ohio.\nThe Hoosiers are coming off a disappointing finish in the Indiana Invitational at Crooked Stick Golf Course in Carmel, Ind. The Hoosiers finished ninth out of 17 teams in the tournament. It marked the first time since the Lady Puerto Rico Classic in February that the Hoosiers finished outside the top five and just the second time this year the Hoosiers did not have a player place in the top 15. Freshman Kellye Belcher led the way with a 22nd-place finish. \nLooking ahead to this weekend, the Hoosiers will look to bolster their play against a 14-team field. The tournament will have a familiar flavor, however, as nine of the teams competing will be from the Big Ten.\nFor those wishing to follow the tournament, live stats will be available all weekend on golfstat.com. \nFollowing this weekend the Hoosiers will compete in the Big Ten tournament in East Lansing, Mich., on April 27. If they do well enough there, they will qualify for NCAA Central Regional Championships in May in Ann Arbor, Mich.