Who said you can't pick your friend's nose?

It's taken nearly 22 years, but last Tuesday something I never thought possible came true: I was rewarded for picking a nose. If that's not enough, I've also been honored for clipping nails, slapping grown men in the face and doing the wave. Suffice it to say, it's been a pretty good week. And you don't have to be as handsome or famous as me to get away with these things without fear of ridicule or an attack. With Nintendo's latest installment of the WarioWare franchise, "Smooth Moves," you too can do all of these things and more. \nThe first Wario release for the Wii lives up to the hype. Not only do players get to shave sheep, put in dentures and shake bugs off of bananas, it contains more than 200 other microgames (short tasks lasting about three seconds) spread across 17 levels and 19 forms (ways to hold the Wiimote). The forms use funny names such as Big Cheese and Mohawk and open up revolutionary new ways to play the Wii. In one game, a player holds the Wiimote like a champagne bottle and must shake it up and pull his thumb off in order to spray it everywhere. In another, the player puts the Wiimote in front of his face like an elephant's trunk and collects apples from trees. The majority of the microgames are easy enough that even the most novice of players will achieve success in no time at all, but they also increase in difficulty to challenge more experienced players. Succeeding in the microgames is crucial, because each completed level opens the path to more games, levels and options. \nAfter getting halfway through the single-player mode, a multi-player option is unlocked that adds much more depth and excitement. Most of the multi-player levels consist of playing the microgames against others in sudden-death- style matches, but there are other games as well, such as a realistic darts game that may be the successor to WiiSports' bowling game in terms of addictiveness and a cooperative running game where two players must work together to jump over potholes.\nOverall, this is a very fun game that is enjoyed best when other people are around to see how ridiculous you look holding a Wiimote on your head or playing tug-of-war against a television screen. The graphics leave a lot to be desired, but it's the game play that is the most important aspect of "Smooth Moves." While the play is usually very accurate, some of the forms are better in theory than practice, and some of the games will undoubtedly have you shouting at the screen, swearing you performed the moves correctly. However, this game is a lot of fun and it should hold me over until they figure out a way to give me a prize for binge-eating and chain-smoking.