Who isn't in this guy's corner?

Be honest. You're out there somewhere. \nYou're the one who didn't like IU Director of Athletics Rick Greenspan's decision to hire Kelvin Sampson back in March.\nYou're the one who wanted a big splash name, a John Calipari, a Mark Few or, gulp, maybe even a Steve Alford. You spent much of that first day of Sampson's hire ranting and raving on the message board or blog of your choice.\nDo you still feel like it was a huge mistake? Well, if you do, um, you're wrong. \nSure, there are going to be bumps along the way. No one person or team is perfect. They'll be seasons down the line when IU struggles. Heck, that might even happen later this season. And yes, Sampson certainly doesn't have a national or Big Ten title to boast about, yet.\nBut for the here and now, Tuesday night's 71-64 win against Iowa marks the Hoosiers' fourth straight Big Ten win. Save for somewhat of a defensive lapse during the last eight minutes of Tuesday's tilt -- these were convincing, both-end-of-the-court victories.\nIn the Hoosiers' three home Big Ten wins, they've led by 20 points or more in each. At Penn State on Saturday, they finally got over their road woes and battled back against a Nittany Lions team firing on all cylinders.\nThis year's Hoosiers squad is fun to watch. They've shown they can win in myriad ways, whether it be a combination of their defense or rebounding and hot 3-point shooting or strong inside play by junior forward D.J. White. \nAt this point, the Hoosiers seem well on their way to amassing 20 wins this season, something IU hasn't done since the 2002-03 when it won 21 games and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.\nAnd how about this one: With IU's 4-1 start in the Big Ten so far, Sampson is the first first-year IU coach since Branch McCracken in the 1938-39 season to start out winning four of his first five Big Ten games.\nIt's still somewhat early in conference play. There's plenty of time for IU to take a dive. Don't forget that during Mike Davis' last three years at the helm, the Hoosiers started 4-1 in the Big Ten. \nBut for now, the season looks bright. And you have Mr. Kelvin Sampson to thank for that.