Everybody's working for the Weekend

We want YOU to come write for us

Remember that shitty '80s song by Loverboy? It sucked, didn't it? Well, if you could give me 400 words about why it sucked, I'd pay you $8. I'll up the ante. If you give me reviews like that every week, then you can get free discs, movie passes, concert tickets and get your picture in the paper. \nI'm running reviews this semester, and I need your help. Everyone has an opinion, and I want yours. Consider this my Coach Hep "I want you campaign." \nSo send me your scathing reviews of tired, Hollywood schlock. Help me get your poor indie bands struggling to breathe free into the scene. Compiling "The Scene" every week highlighting what's going on every weekend is a daunting task. Get in on the game. Let me know when your band is playing, when your artsy show starts and why people should go to it.\nA big complaint about WEEKEND is that we have grade inflation. And it's a valid one. The problem is that people only request to review things they think will be good. We need people who are willing to review every week and take risks on things they've never heard of. Reviewing a pathetic movie can be just as rewarding as reviewing one you loved. Giving "Clerks II" a D was almost as fun as raving about "Borat." \nEven if you don't want to write for us, you're reading this, and you probably have an idea about what we can do better. Let me know. We have tons of ideas on ways to expand the reviews. I'm looking to have a panel of reviewers giving their input so we can create our own kind of rotten tomatoes. We want people following TV shows week to week so we can keep you up-to-date on the intricacies of "Lost," the twists and turns of "24" and discuss the relationships of our favorite TV romances. \nThere's a lot of work to be done and we need more writers to do everything possible. \nSo send me a 450-word review of something you loved and something you hated, and we'll get you on the team. \nThis summer I got to go to Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo and got a ton of free discs to review just because I worked at the WEEKEND. Come on. Everybody's doing it.\nE-mail Zack at: Teibs84@gmail.com