Sophomore Stockwell breaks own school mark

The IU women's swimming and diving team also hosted teams at the IU Open Invitational this weekend. Nine teams in total competed. The Hoosiers had a strong overall performance and were able to show off their depth. The highlight of the weekend was sophomore Sarah Stockwell's performance in the 100-yard breaststroke. Stockwell earned\na first-place finish with a time of 1:03.02, eclipsing her previous school record time of 1:03.06.\n"I wasn't really expecting to go that fast, so it felt great while I was out there," Stockwell said. "That should help a lot in getting ready for the Big Tens. As long as I keep up with my training, I should be able to get a high seed."\nSenior Leila Vaziri was impressive again, winning the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 23.59. Sophomore Allison Kay earned a first-place finish in the 400-yard individual medley with a time of 4:24.73 with freshman Amilee Smith finishing second with a time of 4:25.36. Freshman Presley Bard raced out to a first-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke, coming in with a time of 56.47. Freshman Ashley Jones won the 200-yard backstroke, coming in at 2:02.64.\nThe 400-yard medley relay team of Vaziri, Bard, Stockwell and Clarissa Wentworth won the event with a time of 3:46.22 and the 200-yard medley relay team of Bard, Stockwell, Wentworth and Emily Lanteigne took second place with a time of 1:43.84.\nThe IU divers also turned in impressive performances. Junior Christina Loukas notched another victory in the 1-meter diving event, winning the preliminaries, semifinals and finals. Loukas, who has gone undefeated all year, was finally knocked off in the finals of the 3-meter diving event, earning a fourth-place finish. Teammate and fellow senior Lindsay Weigle bested Loukas, taking first place in the event.\n"I think, overall, we have better depth than in years past," Looze said. "I think we still need to work on being fast when we're tired. The girls were definitely tired, but we need to be mentally prepared to fight through it"