No. 14 Hoosiers upset No. 11 Longhorns, remain unbeaten

IU squad wins 8 of 13 events, improves to 4-0

The IU women's swimming and diving team notched an upset win against the University of Texas on Saturday at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. The No. 14 Hoosiers outscored No. 11 Texas 138-105 to remain unbeaten on the season, moving to 4-0. \nIU controlled the meet from the start and ended up winning eight of the 13 events. \n"This is one of the biggest dual meet wins in the history of our program," IU coach Ray Looze said. "They are a nine-time national champion, and they haven't lost very often at their home pool."\nIU started off strong when the 200-yard medley relay team of Leila Vaziri, Sarah Stockwell, Presley Bard and Annica Lofstedt raced out to a first-place finish. \nVaziri also took first in the 200-yard freestyle, and Lofstedt won the 50-yard freestyle. Bard won the 200-yard backstroke, and sophomore Allison Kay got in on the action, winning the 400-yard individual medley. The Hoosiers ended the meet with the 400-yard freestyle relay team of Lofstedt, Clarissa Wentworth, Emily Lanteigne and Bard taking first place. \nOn the diving side, two-time Big Ten Diver of the Week and junior Christina Loukas continued her dominance, winning the 1-meter and 3-meter diving competitions. In the 1-meter diving event, senior Lindsay Weigle and freshman Brittney Feldman finished fourth and fifth, respectively. In the 3-meter diving event, Weigle took second, while Feldman finished fourth. \n"Overall, this was a good meet for us against some very good competition," assistant diving coach Todd Waikel said. "This was a nice meet for us to come in and perform well."\nLooze said the win was big for the Hoosiers and will allow them to carry some momentum into the Big Ten dual meet season.\n"This was a huge win for us," Looze said. "This is a nice step forward and a nice win in a hostile environment"