IU hoping to protect perfect record during weekend matches

The IU women's swimming and diving team has gotten off to a hot start, racing out to a 3-0 record. The No. 17 Hoosiers will put their unblemished record on the line as they travel to Austin, Texas, to face No. 11 Texas Saturday. The Longhorns are 1-1, with a loss to No. 6 Stanford University Oct. 27 and a win against the University of Nebraska Oct. 12. Texas finished second in the Big 12 Relays Oct. 13.\nThe Hoosiers tallied convincing wins last weekend against Northwestern and Arizona State University. \nIU has been very strong on the diving side, led by returning All-American seniors Heather Chapman and senior Lindsay Weigle and two-time Big Ten Diver of the Week junior Christina Loukas.\nDiving coach Jeff Huber has focused on developing good habits in practice, and he's seen it pay off in competition. \n"We've really been improving." Huber said. "We're trying to continue what we've been doing. We really want the divers to be able to buy into the mental preparation and the pre-performance routines. It helps when you are able to see improvement in the competition."\nOn the swimming side, IU has been led by four returning All-Americans: seniors Annica Lofstedt, Leila Vaziri and Clarissa Wentworth and sophomore Allison Kay. Vaziri earned Big Ten Swimmer of the Week honors this past week. \nAlthough Texas marks their toughest competition to date, the Hoosiers are confident that they can rise to the level of the competition.\n"They are one of our biggest competitors on the national level," Chapman said. "It's really about listening to the coaches and trying to execute what they have told us. We're just trying to commit to what we've practiced and bring that out in competition"