An unfitting legacy for the late ODB

This posthumous release tactic seems oddly familiar...does the name 2-Pac ring a bell?\nOl' Dirty Bastard, the spastic but loveable member of the world-famous Wu-Tang Clan, has a new record out, two years after his untimely death in the Wu-Tang studio. This is the third proper release from Dirty, and unfortunately, by far his weakest effort.\nHis first two releases saw the ODB spit lyrical humor, sometimes in an indecipherable manner: mumbling, screaming, half rapping, half singing, half making noise. Both records went gold. This release was meant to be put out by Ol' Dirty before his death, but at the same time, it seems like an effort to cash in on the fallen rapper.\nA Son Unique features many names in the mainstream hip-hop and R&B spectrum. Dirty stumbles around with perverted lyrics and a guest appearance from Missy Elliot on the boring "Lift Ya Skirt." Some songs simply take ODB's vocals and throw them in the song with a stereotypical MTV rapper (who the hell is Lil' Frame?). Even the collaborations with fellow Wu-Tang members (Ghostface Killah, RZA and Raekwon are featured on here) seem weak. And for the love of God, whenever I hear Macy Gray's voice, I want to punch a baby.\nI don't think there's a positive thing I can say about this release. \nIt's flat-out disappointing. Although I didn't have any real expectations for this release, I thought maybe I'd find one bumpin' track in the mix. Wrong. I don't think he could discern how bad this would turn out. He's probably rolling in his grave over this. Rest in peace ODB. Sorry you had to go out like this. I'll always remember "Hippa To The Hoppa" and "Shame on a Nigga"