IU student reports robbery, battery at Steak n Shake

An IU student told officers he was beaten, robbed and transport. An IU student told officers he was beaten, robbed and transported to a local Steak n Shake this weekend but does not know who did it or how it happened, police said.\nAccording to a Bloomington Police Department report, a 19-year-old student told police he went to a party at about 11 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of Varsity Lane. He said he consumed two beers and the next thing he knew, he was inside the Steak n Shake on North College Avenue, unable to pay for his meal.\nBPD Detective Sgt. David Drake said the student reported that he realized his money, credit cards, student ID, keys, cell phone and two rings had been stolen. The only item left in his pocket was the cap to his lib balm, he said. He also noticed he had some blood on him and a cut on his forehead.\nThe student said the employees at Steak n Shake allowed him to leave and come back later to pay for his meal.\nWhen he called to report the incident at about 10 a.m. the next day, officers noted that he did have an abrasion on his forehead and a bump on the back of his head.\nThey went to the address the victim described and found what they believed to be the "site of a large party," Drake said. They interviewed the tenant of the apartment, who said he did know the victim and that he was at the party but did not know what happened to him.