Pot discovered in AEPhi

3 cited for drug possession after fire alarm activated

Police issued arrest citations for possession of marijuana to three IU students at Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority Saturday afternoon, a police report said, after a fire alarm was set off in the building.\nThe report said the Bloomington Fire Department responded to an active fire alarm at 1110 N. Jordan Ave., where they met with the sorority's vice president and advised her to evacuate the house, the report said. When firefighters and police approached the location of the active alarm, the police said they smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from room 305 of the house, Minger said. \nAfter obtaining a key to the room, police entered to find a "24-inch glass bong" and a "22-inch glass bong," both containing burnt marijuana in plain view, Minger said. Nobody was in the room at the time. Police sought out the room's occupant, who told them she had allowed two friends to use the room to watch a movie, the report said. \nMinger said IUPD responds to all fire alarms and frequently walks through with the firefighters to assist in evacuating the residents and locating the source of any danger. He said the police were there only on the "premise of an alarm" and didn't enter with the purpose of trying to find something illegal. \nOne of the subjects revealed to the officers two more pipes with marijuana residue, and police later located a bag containing 4 grams of marijuana and .03 grams of burnt marijuana in the room, Minger said. Minger said police issued three citations for marijuana possession and two citations for paraphernalia possession. Minger said all subjects cooperated fully with officers.\n"We're always extremely pleased when someone cooperates with us because it allows us to be cooperative in return," he said.\n

Vandals strike 3 cars, 2 golf carts around campus

\nTwo golf carts at the IU Golf Course and three cars at different locations on campus were vandalized over the weekend, according to IUPD reports. \nIn one of the instances, an IU student found her 1999 BMW's rear-view mirror broken in the parking lot behind Zeta Tau Alpha sorority at 1020 N. Jordan Ave. The vehicle also had "fecal matter" smeared on it, according to the police report. The owner told police she suspected her ex-boyfriend committed the act, but police were not able to contact him, the report said. The owner told police her ex-boyfriend accused her of "doing the same thing to his room," Minger said, reading from the report.\nMinger said he had not heard of police investigating any connection between the different cases at this time.