Method Man will sign autographs, perform in Bloomington on Thursday

Method Man, a member of the former hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan, will be in Bloomington on Thursday to sign autographs and perform.\nHis performance at the Bluebird Nightclub, 216 N. Walnut St., with former Wu-Tang members Inspectah Deck and Masta Killa, begins at 9 p.m. The nightclub has hosted former members GZA/Genius and Ghostface Killah in the past, and owner Dave Kubiak said they produced good turnouts.\n"The band's awfully popular," Kubiak said. "(Method Man) is the leader of the Wu-Tang Clan — why wouldn't you (want him to come)?"\nMethod Man will be at Tracks Music and Videos, 415 E. Kirkwood Ave., in the afternoon for autographs. Manager Brett Hayden said he expects him to arrive sometime between 4 and 5 p.m. Depending on how many people show up, Hayden said Method Man will probably stay for two or three hours. \nGZA/Genius came and signed autographs with DJ Muggs at Tracks in the spring, and Hayden said between 100 and 150 people showed up for the event. The turnout for Thursday's autograph session probably depends on publicity, he said.\n"If a lot of people find out, we'll have a pretty large turnout," Hayden said. "He's one of the most prolific of the Wu-Tang."\nHayden said hip-hop is a popular music genre at Tracks, which carries a variety of rap, rock, R&B, jazz and soul music.\nHe said the store plans to have albums out for purchase so people can have them signed. Posters will also be available, but Hayden was unsure whether the posters would be free.\nTracks often invites artists who are scheduled to play at the Bluebird to come do a signing, he said.