Danity's debut album: "Manufacturing" success

Danity Kane are inherently formulaic. Diddy's handpicked, burgeoning five-member all girl group of MTV "Making the Band 3" stardom are one part Pussycat Dolls (spectacular looking women), one part Paris Hilton (get the hottest producers to make your tracks) and one part Ashlee Simpson (MTV reality show giving your debut CD all kinds of exposure before it drops.)\nThese are all ingredients in the recipe for commercial music success these days, no doubt. Diddy's choice in sticking to this formula seems to be working. \nThe group's debut CD "Danity Kane" shot to #1 on iTunes' top 100 album list\nand is projected to debut in the top three spots on the Billboard charts among the likes of proven veterans Outkast and Christina Aguilera.\nThe disc springs to life with "One Shot" an upbeat, infectious track that subtly plays with a police siren in the beat. (Sounds annoying, but isn't.) Danity's first single "Show Stopper" is a breathy, sexy trance imploying a "snap beat" to pace the song. One of the albums ballads "Ride For You" succeeds in avoiding lameness (see Rihanna's "Murderer") and highlights the individual singing talents of the girls (however manufactured it may be at times.)\nAundrea pops out as the star of the disc (as she was in "Making the Band 3") leading off vocals on many of the tracks. \nThe lyrics are rather mundane and repetitive (that is, unless you love hearing the word "boy" and "lovin'" in damn near every track) and touch on the topics of love, heartache and relationships. (Shocking!)\nAt 15 tracks, the CD is a bit much to stomach. A few cuts, such as "Come Over" and "Stay on Me" probably could have been shelved, making Danity's debut a tighter, cohesive and overall more enjoyable listen.\nThe groups's name stems from a female anime superhero doodled and conceived by band member Dawn.\nAnd with all their sharply produced beats and micro-managed image, it may be one of the few things Diddy's girls can really claim as their own.