Police: Man responsible for 5-car accident

No serious injuries suffered, house damaged

A man driving about 70 miles per hour hit a moving car and three parked cars Monday morning, then crashed into a house. Aside from a few minor injuries to the passengers in the two moving vehicles, no one involved was seriously hurt. \nBloomington Police Department officers cited Bryan T. Roof, 19, on a preliminary charge of reckless driving.\nAt about 9:30 a.m., Roof and a friend were traveling north on Lincoln Avenue in a maroon Pontiac Grand Am, said Detective Sgt. David Drake, reading from the police report. Because of Roof's excessive speed, he was unable to stop at a stop sign, according to the report. \nRoof's friend was reported to have told Roof several times that he was accelerating too fast, Drake said. \nRoof's Pontiac smashed into a black Ford Taurus, driven by Martin J. Wagner, 28, which was traveling eastbound on 10th Street. Roof's car then proceeded to ricochet into three cars parked along the street. \nAccording to the report, the collision finally halted after Roof's car crashed into the west side of a house on 10th Street, north of the 10th Street and Lincoln Avenue intersection. Drake said the Grand Am's point of entry into the residence was a storage space. \nThe crash demolished an entire chunk of the house, so that afterward, it almost resembled a drive-in car port. \nRoof complained of pain to his leg, while his passenger reported some pain to his arm, Drake said. The driver of the Taurus suffered pain to his neck, he said. \nPolice estimated a total of $25,000 in damage.