Police investigate possible arson

IU and Bloomington Police departments and the Bloomington Fire Department responded to three simultaneous incidents of what they believe to be arson early Wednesday morning, said IUPD Lt. Jerry Minger, reading from the police report.\nMinger said two small fires had been set to fences within blocks of each other, on Fourth and Third streets, as well as one to the insulation in the new law building that is being constructed on Fourth Street and Indiana Avenue.\n"All the fires were discovered quickly and extinguished, but they were all in relatively adjacent blocks," Minger said.\nPolice suspect the fires were intentional because the three fires were in such close proximity and started at about the same time, but Minger said it does not appear as if accelerant was used.\n"It does appear that someone had maliciously set the fires, but we currently don't know for what reasons," he said.\nPolice are pursuing the identity of a suspect, Minger said. According to the report, the suspect was described as a white male in his 50s with blonde hair that is graying. The report said he was wearing light-colored jeans and a denim jacket, possibly with a sweater underneath.\n"If anybody were to happen to have information on it or think they might have information, we would like for them to call," Minger said.\nMinger urged anyone with information to call the IUPD dispatch at 855-4111 and ask to speak with a detective.