First from local rockers...rocks!

Sporting a cover that closely resembles a "Grand Theft Auto" game case, Emerson Rose introduces a new sound to the rock & roll lineup of this millennium. With lyrics, sounds and an attitude that cleverly mix music from the days of classic rock and the days of now, Emerson Rose gives the listener a feeling of familiar nostalgia -- of his or her days as a child, growing up with parents who listen to rock music on the radio. With 12 great songs, this album is a must-have for anybody interested in new rock.\nThe second song on the album, "Good Morning Love," sounds as though it could be the first single. Boasting memorable lyrics and an upbeat tempo, "Good Morning Love," is quite an addictive hit. Sporting lyrics such as, "Good morning love/it's a brand new day/so what what what/you wanna do now," the song has easy and addictive lyrics that will keep the song on your mind for quite a while.\n"Diamonds On Our Shoes," is a song that could remind the listener of a classic rock song. It has very simple lyrics about just "walkin' down the road/with the diamonds on our shoes." \nA fine finish to the album is the last track, "Cowboy Song." The actual song itself starts off sounding as though it's going to be a western song, but then begins sounding very different from the rest of the album, yet same at the same time. The same bass and electric guitar are playing, along with the drums and the voice of the singer, but the way they play is incredible. It's like the band mixed country western with rock and got a new genre.\nWith their unique mix of sounds, Emerson Rose takes over your senses and leads you into a land where simple things in life are once again the topic of the songs, and where the band is about the music and not the money.