Behrman run likely to draw 1,200

Jill's family enters team with more than 40 runners

Runners, walkers and everyone with a pace in between will turn out this weekend for the sixth annual Jill Behrman Run for the End Zone. \nThe funds raised from this year's run, which begins at the John Mellencamp Pavilion, will be split between Jill's House, which houses patients undergoing outpatient therapy in Bloomington, and a scholarship in Behrman's name for students who display leadership skills and good ethics in their involvement with the IU Department of Recreational Sports. \nThe event was originally established to raise funds to find the body of Behrman, who disappeared during the summer of 2000. Since 2002, when her body was found, participants have continued to show up each year to honor Behrman's memory. \nEric Behrman, Jill's father, said this is an event Jill would have truly enjoyed and actively participated in. Eric and his wife Marilyn greatly enjoy seeing all the students and community members participate because the event allows a crossover between the University and the community.\nJoanne K. Orrange, assistant director of special events for RecSports, said somewhere between 1,200 and 1,400 people attend the event every year. Since the creation of the event, more than $75,000 has been raised with $15,000 of that coming in last year, she said. \n"I think people show up for the race because our proceeds go towards two great causes," Orrange said. "Another factor that I feel helps our participation is that we put on a really class act event. I feel that we pay attention to the details and therefore get many people who come back each year."\nEric said he and his wife walk the 5K every year for team the "Jill Behrman Team."\n"We have a great time walking together with friends and family members coming from all across the country," he said. "We even have some coming from Boston this year. We've got about 40-some members for the Jill Behrhman Team"