Sunday, June 16

What about Bobby? ticket leaves race

IUSA party drops out; throws support behind Kirkwood

The field of IU Student Association candidate parties has been cut to four tickets. The What about Bobby? ticket submitted its withdrawal from next week's election Wednesday night following the IUSA debate. What about Bobby? decided not to attend the debate with its rival tickets "out of protest."\nIUSA Elections Coordinator Derek Molter confirmed What about Bobby?'s departure from the race. What About Bobby? did make a last-ditch effort to re-enter the race, but Molter denied the ticket's request.\n"We granted the request for them to drop out," he said. "We are not going to rescind that request and allow them back into the election. It's too late to put them back in."\nFormer Presidential Candidate Eric Wolok tendered his party's withdrawal by putting his support behind the Kirkwood ticket.\n"What About Bobby? is endorsing Kirkwood because they are the strongest party that actually brings change and fulfills their promises to Indiana University," he said. "No side deals were made."\nThe Kirkwood ticket also said it did not make any deals with What About Bobby? \n"We are no way in support of (Eric Wolok's) policies," said Kirkwood Presidential Candidate Bryan Strawbridge. "We don't control the support for our ticket."\n-- Contact Staff Writer Eric Tash at etash@indiana.edu.