This 'Colosseum' is not worth the trip

"Pokémon Colosseum" is a decent game. What? Don't look at me like that. Yes, I'll admit it; I was a Poké-fan back when asking for someone's "squirtle" didn't get you a restraining order. It was a simple role-playing game with surprising depth, and everyone else was doing it, right? But yes, even though it's a "Pokémon Stadium" for the Gamecube, it's a decent game.\nI do not own the Gamecube-to-Game Boy Advance connect cable, so I was not able to fully enjoy "Colosseum." You unfortunately must transfer "Pokémon" from your GBA, or from the one player mode, to register for the "Colosseum Battle" (the game won't supply you with any, like in "Stadium"). Your other option is to "Battle Now," which will assign you random Pokémon for a quick battle. Therefore, I'm not too sure what this section is like, so on to more familiar ground.\nWhat makes this game different from the "Stadiums" of the 64-bit era is that there is now a pseudo-RPG one player mode. I look at it as a tease since it's not a full-fledged RPG. You start off with Pokémon that are of a high level and have moves already equipped to them, so you don't get much room for customization. Also, there's no wild Pokémon to catch, just Shadow Pokémon, which detracts from the experience. One very surprising aspect of the game is the awesome music. I don't know if they're trying to keep their now matured original audience or what, but from the lazy, harmonica-laden tunes to smooth finger-snapping jazz, you'll be hooked.\nSo, if you like "Pokémon" and have "Ruby" and/or "Sapphire," pick this game up. Otherwise, rent or pass. I'll choose someone else.