Hoochie gear,white Nikes

School is almost out and everyone is anticipating the summer weather. I, for one, can't wait. I love hot weather, though I do not like what comes with the hot weather, like mosquitoes and having to take a shower three times a day. I appreciate summer fashion, or the lack thereof. The summer is like a three-month fashion show. All kinds of fashion events are going on, such as Marshall Fields' Fash Bash, and the weather usually permits a full day of shopping and lying around. \nOne of my favorite aspects of the summertime is getting up really early in the morning, putting on my hoochie gear and white Nikes and hanging out on the block. In the city, and everywhere else for that matter, this is a very popular summer activity. Me and my girls will get all decked out in our summer dresses, flip-flops and white Nikes and walk around the neighborhoods socializing with everyone. It is the best. People will get all dressed up just to hang out and go sip smoothies. The summer is perfect for people watching and window shopping. \nWhile l am a big fan of linen pants and long silk dresses, sometimes it is just too hot for clothes. I have to give in to the "video ho" look, and wear a tank top with no bra and a pair of lightweight pants or shorts. It is hot and who cares. I remember the first time I took my boyfriend home with me in the summer. He put on this really fresh outfit to go and hang out in the park. Halfway into the journey his shirt was off and he was sporting a wifebeater with jeans shorts and Timberlands. After that I had to tease him, because a couple of blocks into the journey we stopped at a pizzeria and he couldn't help but comment about the girl behind the counter wearing a tank top and a pair of shorts that let everything hang out when she bent over. I tried to explain to him -- the city swelters, it gets really hot, and sometimes high fashion is not the way to go. Of course he realized this when he was walking around looking like someone out of a hip-hop video. \nI have found that hanging around Bloomington for the summer is much different. For one, there are a lot of mosquitoes and bugs here. I am usually forced to wear pants and a linen shirt with long sleeves, because I cannot stand mosquito bites. Though it gets really humid, I have found that dresses do the trick, along with a lot of hair care products. Though Bloomington gets hot, it does not swelter like the city, so walking around half-naked is unnecessary, but hey, why not. Summertime is perfect to show off soft brown skin. The biggest part of the summer wardrobe is letting it all hang out. So invest in a pair of hoochie shorts, white Nikes, a sun dress, linen pants, a thong and tank top. You can't go wrong with hoochie wear when the temperature rises and and the three-month fashion show begins. If you need pointers, watch a Cassidy video and take notes.