Southwestern snacks for the Grammys

The most anticipated star-studded event is a week away, and although many were disappointed with the results of the Golden Globes, the Grammys are sure to be a night full of excitement. Though many will be too busy watching Beyonce shake it and the White Stripes rock it, it's time to start thinking about what you are going to snack on during the commercials. \nA Grammy party is not complete without some snack foods. It is obvious finger foods are great for watching a show and eating all at once. Plus, they are foods TV viewers love. Everyone knows a Grammy gathering needs cheese dip. This recipe for cheese dip is something everyone is going to love. My friends swear by it -- they think there is some secret to making it, but it is really very easy. Including all these recipes on your appetizer menu will give you a southwestern-themed Grammy party. Even guys can make these tasty snacks.

THE ULTIMATE CHEESE DIP\n1 block of Velveeta cheese, cubed\n1 can Lime Cilantro Rotel, or whatever type you prefer\n3/4 cup milk\n1 lb. lean ground beef\n1 medium onion, finely chopped (optional)\nBegin melting the cheese either in a crock-pot on a low setting or in a large pot on the stove. As the cheese melts, slowly add the milk to give the cheese a smooth consistency. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet, begin browning the ground beef with the onions. Drain the excess grease off the meat once it is completely browned. After stirring the cheese to ensure it's completely melted, pour the rotel into the cheese. Stir until fully blended. Add the beef and the onions and stir well. Serve with tortilla chips.\nYour guests will be in awe with the cheese dip. Even Chili's can't beat that recipe! Other foods that guys seem to love are buffalo wings -- and no -- I don't mean the wings of buffalo. Jessica, it actually is chicken! When it comes to making buffalo wings, it seems the hotter you can make them the better they are. In order to reach a high degree of heat, Frank's Hot Sauce should be an ingredient in any recipe for buffalo wings. This is another recipe hot wing fanatics will want more of.

BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS\n16 chicken wings\n1 stick unsalted butter\n1 tsp. cayenne pepper\n4 tsp. Frank's Hot Sauce \n1 tsp. Tabasco\n1 tsp. Kosher salt

DIPPING SAUCE (optional)\n1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese\n1 cup mayonnaise\n3/4 cup sour cream\n2 Tbsp. milk\n3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce\n1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt\n3/4 tsp. finely ground black pepper\nPreheat the oven's broiler. Cut the chicken wings into thirds, cutting between the bones. Throw away the wing tips. Melt the butter and add the cayenne, hot sauce and salt. Put the wings on a baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter. Broil them 3 inches below the heat for eight minutes. Turn the wings, brush them again with butter and broil for four more minutes, or until cooked. \nFor the dip, place the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir until almost smooth. This can be done in a food processor but works fine without. Just make sure the blue cheese is finely crumbled. Serve the wings with the blue cheese dip.\nIf you are going to have a party, the best thing to do to save money is have everyone pitch in a couple of bucks for food. Everyone can eat well and enjoy the Grammys!