Yeagley, players win Big Ten awards

Once again IU men's soccer team dominated the Big Ten annual awards led by coach Jerry Yeagley, who took home his eighth Big Ten Coach of the Year award. The unanimous decision was the legendary coach's third consecutive honor. \nFreshman Jed Zayner was named conference co-Freshman of the Year along with Gerardo Alvarez of Northwestern. Zayner started all 18 games for the Hoosiers as part of a defense that had a league leading three shutouts and allowed only four goals in six conference matches.\nFive Hoosiers were named to the All-Big Ten First Team, headlined by unanimous selections juniors forward Ned Grabavoy, midfielder Danny O'Rourke and sophomore back Drew Moore. Sophomore midfielder Brian Plotkin and junior goalkeeper Jay Nolly were also named to the first team.\nFreshman forward Jacob Peterson was the only Hoosier named to the All-Big Ten second team. \nThe conference also announced its first-ever All-Freshman Team, onto which three Hoosiers were named. Peterson and Zayner were joined by back Julian Dieterle.\nThe awards were voted on by conference coaches. \nSeparate from the conference awards, Grabavoy was also named as one of 15 semifinalists for the Missouri Athletic Club's Hermann Trophy, which is given to collegiate soccer's national player of the year. The award was announced by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.