Radio host to visit IU

The Smiley morning radio show, hosted by Dave Smiley heard on 99.5 WZPL in Indianapolis, will be coming to IU as a part of its campus invasion tour.\nThe group has already been to Ball State University, Purdue University and Butler University and they are wrapping the tour up from 5 to 10 a.m. today in the Indiana Memorial Union.\n"Smiley never got the chance to go to college," said the show's producer Brian Moore. "We thought we would let him go around and act like he is 19 again."\nThe show is scheduled to feature several different walks of life from around the IU campus including members of the Union Board and representatives from the football and cheerleading squads. Assistant basketball coach Dane Fife will also be on the show to discuss Midnight Madness.\n"We are just going to be looking at what makes IU so special," Moore said. "Our show is so different because Smiley is a 32-year-old guy, and you would expect him to know something about sports, but he really doesn't know what's going on."\nAlong with the sports-related guests on the show, they will also welcome several vocalists from the IU Soul Revue to put on a performance. \n"The kids are very excited," said IU Soul Revue director Tyron Cooper. "Kids that age are always excited to be involved with the media and express their talents."\nThose in attendance will be able to register to win 10-packs of CDs along with other prizes, Moore said.\n-- Contact staff writer Brian Janosch at bjanosch@indiana.edu.