Support the Indiana Daily Student to beat Purdue's student newspaper, the Exponent, through making a donation to the IDS Legacy Fund! Whichever publication raises more money before the Purdue v. IU football game Nov. 26 "wins" the challenge, but all donations go to support student journalism at the respective publications. To help IU beat Purdue and support the IDS, follow this link to donate.

Hitz me baby one more time

Since the inception of NBA Jam in 1994, Midway sports video games have earned a reputation for their over-the- top, arcade-esque style, tweaking the rules to make games more fast-paced, easier to play and, quite simply, just more fun. \nBut now Midway has reinvented the formula, risking their fan base by making the latest editions of two of their more popular titles play by the rules.\nNHL Hitz Pro and its soon to be released big brother, NFL Blitz Pro, feature a more simulated sports feel. Hitz Pro now allows teams five players on the ice at once and the referees now enforce penalties -- even more obscure rules such as offsides and icing. Fortunately for fans who miss obliterating opposing goalies or rocketing the fabled "knuckle puck" into players' skulls, Hitz Pro grants the ability to customize nearly any option in the game, from disabling penalties to enabling extra time after the whistle to checking opponents through the glass.\nMissing from this edition are the great mini-games from Hitz 2003; however, the Playstation 2 version of Hitz Pro more than makes up for this loss with the addition of online multi-player, providing for perhaps the most fun online gaming experience I've ever enjoyed.