Lewis sets rushing record

Ravens 33, Browns 13\nBALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Ravens gave Jamal Lewis the football, as promised, and he delivered on a pledge in setting a single-game NFL record with 295 yards rushing.\nLewis' incredible performance, which included two touchdowns, led Baltimore past the Cleveland Browns 33-13 Sunday.\nHe would have had a third score and surpassed 300 yards if not for a holding penalty on Marcus Robinson during a 60-yard run in the first half.\n"On a day like today, I can't regret anything," said Lewis, who averaged a whopping 9.8 yards on his 30 carries. "It was beautiful."\nLewis ran for an 82-yard touchdown on the second play from scrimmage, added a 63-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter and broke the record with a 3-yard run with 6:55 left.\nHe shattered the single-game mark held by Corey Dillon of Cincinnati, who ran for 278 yards on Oct. 22, 2000, against Denver.\nDuring a phone call with Cleveland linebacker Andra Davis earlier in the week, Lewis said he would break the record if given 30 carries -- twice as many as one week earlier in a 34-15 loss to Pittsburgh.

Colts 33, Titans 7\nINDIANAPOLIS -- Edgerrin James rushed for 120 yards and scored one touchdown, while a stifling defense limited Tennessee (1-1) to 236 yards. The Colts snapped a three-game losing streak against the defending AFC South champs.\nJames ran with power and looked like his old self, Peyton Manning threw with precision and Indianapolis (2-0) even knocked out Steve McNair for two series with a dislocated ring finger on his throwing hand.

Rams 27, 49ers 24, OT\nST. LOUIS -- Marc Bulger shook off two first-half turnovers, throwing for two touchdowns and keeping his cool on the final drive. Jeff Wilkins kicked a 28-yard field goal in overtime.\nThe Rams (1-1) have won eight of the last nine over the 49ers (1-1), who didn't go quietly, forcing the extra period on Terrell Owens' 13-yard touchdown catch from Jeff Garcia with 19 seconds to go. The score capped an 85-yard, 11-play march.

Redskins 33, Falcons 31\nATLANTA -- After being sacked five times and fumbling twice in the first half, Patrick Ramsey threw for a career-high 356 yards and two touchdowns as the Redskins rallied from a 17-point deficit.\nLaveranues Coles, shaken up early when his head rammed the leg of Falcons safety Kevin McCadam, recovered to set career highs with 11 catches for 180 yards. He had the clinching touchdown on a 19-yard reception.

Chiefs 41, Steelers 20\nKANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Dante Hall's 100-yard kickoff return and Priest Holmes' three touchdowns led Kansas City.\nHolmes, proving again his recovery from offseason surgery is complete, had 122 yards rushing. The All-Pro running back capped the scoring with a 31-yard run with 5:06 left.\nHall's kickoff return, the longest for the Chiefs (2-0) in almost 36 years, came just moments after the Steelers (1-1) took a 10-0 first-quarter lead.\nThe Chiefs' revamped defense recovered a fumble and intercepted three passes.

Packers 31, Lions 6\nGREEN BAY, Wis. -- Ahman Green rushed 23 times for 160 yards, including a 65-yarder for a score on his first carry. The Packers (1-1) picked off three of Joey Harrington's passes in the second half and sent the Lions (1-1) to their 17th straight road loss on a field drenched by nearly 3 inches of rain in 48 hours.\nGreen became the fourth running back in Packers history to top 4,000 career yards.\nAl Harris capped the scoring with a 56-yard interception return.

Dolphins 21, Jets 10\nEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Ricky Williams ran for 125 yards on 34 carries and the Dolphins rebounded from an embarrassing loss to Houston. Miami won at the Meadowlands for the first time since 1997 and avoided its first 0-2 start in 15 years.\nAfter jumping to a 21-3 halftime lead, the Dolphins stalled in the second half against the Jets (0-2). But Vinny Testaverde, playing a good game after a horrible start in the opening loss to Washington, could not lead his team back.

Bills 38, Jaguars 17\nJACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Travis Henry ran for three scores and Drew Bledsoe threw for 314 yards and two touchdowns in the most lopsided home loss for the Jaguars (0-2) in their nine-year history.\nEric Moulds and Bobby Shaw caught touchdown passes, and the Bills (2-0) looked like one of the NFL's most powerful teams for the second straight week. Buffalo opened the season with a 31-0 win over New England.\nBledsoe passed the 300-yard mark for the 34th time.

Saints 31, Texans 10\nNEW ORLEANS -- Aaron Brooks threw for two touchdowns as the New Orleans offense finally showed signs of life.\nThe Saints (1-1) led the NFC in scoring last season with 432 points and 49 touchdowns. But in the final two games of last season and the first one this year, New Orleans scored only 29 points.\n \nPatriots 31, Eagles 10\nPHILADELPHIA -- Forget the Super Bowl. The Philadelphia Eagles could go from first to worst.\nTom Brady passed for 255 yards and three touchdowns, leading the New England Patriots to a 31-10 victory over the Eagles on Sunday.\nEmbarrassed in a 31-0 loss to Buffalo in their season opener, the Patriots (1-1) scored two first-half touchdowns off turnovers and kept the Eagles winless at the new Lincoln Financial Field.

Broncos 37, Chargers 13\nSAN DIEGO -- Jake Plummer looked a whole lot better on Sunday, until he gave himself a concussion.\nPlummer was hurt diving for a first down, but stayed in for two more plays, long enough to throw his third touchdown in less than two quarters and help the Denver Broncos beat the San Diego Chargers 37-13.

Seahawks 38, Cardinals 0\nTEMPE, Ariz. -- The triple-digit heat of Arizona was no sweat for the Seattle Seahawks.\nThe bumbling Cardinals turned the ball over on their first four possessions and Matt Hasselbeck threw touchdown passes of 55 and 66 yards to Darrell Jackson in Seattle's 38-0 romp Sunday.

Raiders 23, Bengals 20\nOAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders' offense sputtered through another week -- this time barely surviving against the lowliest team of the last decade.\nSebastian Janikowski kicked a 39-yard field goal, his third of the game, with 9 seconds left as the Raiders overcame a lackluster performance in their home opener to beat the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20 on Sunday.

Panthers 12, Bucs 9, OT\nTAMPA, Fla. -- John Kasay's fourth field goal, a 47-yarder with 3:28 remaining in overtime, capped a wild final few minutes as the Carolina Panthers beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at their own game Sunday, 12-9.\nThe Buccaneers had tied the game with no time left in regulation on Keenan McCardell's 6-yard touchdown reception. But Kris Jenkins got a hand on what would have been a game-winning extra point by Martin Gramatica.\nSteve Smith's 52-yard punt return to the Tampa Bay 40 set up Kasay's game-winner.\nStephen Davis rushed for 142 yards and Kasay also kicked field goals of 28, 35 and 20 yards for Carolina (2-0), which blocked two field goals before sending it into overtime.\nSix days after opening the season with a dominating 17-0 victory over Philadelphia in a rematch of last year's NFC championship game, the Bucs (1-1) looked flat and self-destructed with frequent mistakes, including 17 penalties for 168 yards.

Vikings 24, Bears 13\nMINNEAPOLIS -- Kordell Stewart and Chicago showed some spunk, but the Minnesota Vikings were just better. The Bears might have to get used to that this year.\nMoe Williams rushed 21 times for 108 yards and a touchdown, and Daunte Culpepper threw two TD passes to tight end Jim Kleinsasser to lead the Vikings to a 24-13 victory Sunday night.\nThe Vikings, who rushed for 202 yards, are off to their first 2-0 start since 2000, when they went to the NFC championship. Culpepper was 20-for-26 for 214 yards, no interceptions and one lost fumble.