Focus needed during conference weekend

The IU women's water polo team continues play this weekend after a long seven game road trip in California. The team will compete in the second of two Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) weekends in Washington, Pa. Coach Barry King said he hopes his team can recover from the long trip and play well this weekend. \n"The goal is to get back through and fight off the effects of the long road trip," King said. "We are looking to rediscover the sharpness that we had earlier in the year."\nAfter playing against tough competition in California, including five teams ranked in the top twenty of the nation, the Hoosiers look to regain their focus.\n"We really just need to work as a team and stay focused," senior Jamie Marley said. "It should be a positive turnaround after the road trip, we expect to win but we are still going to play hard." \nBefore the road trip, the Hoosiers competed in the first CPWA Weekend. The team went 3-1 with its only loss being a heartbreaker to Michigan, 9-7, in overtime. This time the rival Wolverines will not be competing as the Hoosiers look to make it an undefeated weekend. \n"The expectation should be four good wins this weekend," King said. \nOther teams competing include Penn State Behrend, Gannon, Grove City, and Slippery Rock. The Hoosiers beat Penn State Behrend 15-1 earlier this year at a CPWA Weekend. \nAlthough the Hoosiers are confident they can go 4-0 on the weekend, they are also cautious to not be overconfident. \n"We need to remember to play at our level and not play down to them," sophomore Krista Peterson said. "We need to make this weekend beneficial instead of it being negative for us."\nThis weekend marks the last regular season tournament for the Hoosiers before they start postseason play. \n"We have been starting to do a few plays in practice and have been working on doing everything right to be successful," Peterson said. "We are going to use this weekend as a way to build up to divisionals."\nAfter the CPWA Weekend the team has a weekend off before they start the southern divisional playoffs in Lewisburg, Pa.\n"We are really looking to come together, communicate and focus as a team," Marley said.