Coach could gain four titles at Arkansas this weekend

Three IU women hope to take four NCAA titles this weekend

This weekend, the IU track and field team will send three of its top athletes to the NCAA Indoor Championships in Fayetteville, Ark., in hopes of bringing home titles in four events. Senior Rachelle Boone is competing in the 60- and 200-meter dashes, senior Danielle Carruthers is entered in the 60-meter dash and the 60-meter hurdles, and senior Rose Richmond is competing in the long jump. \nBoone currently owns the nation's second fastest time in the 60 and the fourth fastest time in the 200. She won titles in both events at the Big Ten Championships two weeks ago. Boone is a two-time runner-up in the 200 at NCAAs. \nBoone has not lost a race this year in either the 60 or 200, and coach Randy Heisler said he does not expect that to change this weekend.\n"She hasn't lost no matter where we've taken her," he said. "I wouldn't be surprised if after this weekend she still hasn't lost."\nCarruthers has the third fastest time in the hurdles and is seeded eighth in the dash. Last season she finished second in the hurdles. \nRichmond, who won a Big Ten title in the long jump two weeks ago, has the second best long jump nationally. This is the first season that Richmond has competed in the Indoor Championships, though she has traveled to three Outdoor Championships. Richmond said she is very excited and ready for this weekend.\nThough it was her goal to compete in the championships, she said she is not just settling for getting there.\n"Now that I've reached one goal, I have another," she said. And that goal is to win. \nCarruthers, who placed second in both the 60 dash and hurdles at Big Tens, also said she thinks she is ready for the competition this weekend. \n"I'm as ready as I'm going to be," she said. "I've worked hard and tried to stay positive."\nCarruthers added that she is placing a realistic amount of pressure on herself regarding her performance.\n"I want to run well," she said. "If that means first, then great. If not, I'd like to go out with the thought that I've done the best I could."\nHeisler said that there is a strong chance of IU capturing four indoor titles this weekend. \n"When you're as solid as they have been, anything can happen," he said. "I've never been as excited to go to this meet as I am right now"