Behrmans meet with prosecutor

The parents of missing IU student Jill Behrman met with Monroe County Prosecutor Carl Salzmann Tuesday afternoon.\nMarilyn and Eric Behrman had three main concerns going into the afternoon meeting, the first being a designation of a full-time prosecutor for the case. Though one was not chosen, the Behrmans said Salzmann assured them the case will be worked on by all the prosecutors in the office and extra officials and investigators will be brought in as needed.\nAs a result of Tuesday's discussion, space has been allocated in three different offices for the case materials, satisfying the second of the Behrmans' objectives. These locations will allow officials working on the case easier access to the documents.\nThe Berhmans' final point of interest was the creation of a timeline of events pertaining to the outcome of the investigation. Behrman said the couple received no guarantee as to the future series of events regarding the investigation.\n"The wheels of justice grind very slowly," Behrman said. \nNeither the Behrmans nor Salzmann would go into much detail about the finer details of the meeting. "It's still a current and ongoing investigation," Salzmann said. "According to the ethical aspects, I simply cannot comment on it."\nBoth parties did feel confident that the meeting was productive toward a common goal.\n"We reached the agreement we were all working together for -- justice for Jill," Behrman said. "We will all continue to work in that direction."\nJill Behrman disappeared May 31, 2000 while riding her bike in Bloomington.