Senior heats up in second half

Most fans would not have noticed the play of senior Kristen Bodine last night in IU's 62-52 conference victory over Northwestern. But, she was instrumental in changing the tempo of the game and changing the Hoosier's fortunes in the second half. \n"She was key to our transition," IU coach Kathi Bennett said. "We never walked the ball up the floor, that along with the fact that we forced some turnovers in the backcourt was pivotal."\nAs a result, IU outscored the Wildcats in the second half 39-22 and IU was able to force more turnovers in the last period as they used a full-court press to stifle Northwestern.\nWhile Bodine failed to score in the first half, she rebounded by recording nine points in the second half. She also did not tally a single rebound or an assist in the first, but finished the game with four and one respectively.\nThis marked Bodine's first conference win after missing all but three games last year when she tore her ACL against North Carolina State.\nAn example of Bodine's play was a stretch in the second half. With IU leading 50-46 and just under five minutes remaining in the game, she drove aggressively to the basket, drew two defenders and passed to DeMuth on the baseline for a lay-up, which gave IU a six-point lead, a lead which they would not surrender. On the next possession, Bodine was fouled and hit two free-throws to extend the IU lead.\n"Kristen is a leader," Bennett said. "And when she played like she played tonight in the second half, she can spark the whole team and get other players to follow her lead."\nBennett said Bodine's play will eventually begin to turn heads. \n"Kristen did so many things most fans probably didn't see tonight," Bennett said. "Hopefully they will notice her next game if she plays like she did tonight"