IU faces three D-I teams this weekend

IU will face its toughest challenge to date with two road games in the Nittany Lion Invitational this weekend. IU will be the only division II team in a four-team field.\nThe Hoosiers will enter the tournament fresh off a pair of 10-1 victories over Purdue last weekend in a series that IU coach Rich Holdeman said provided little competition for the Hoosiers.\n"We had more talent than they (Purdue) did; so I was trying to make sure we were executing our system properly so we're ready for this weekend," Holdeman said. "I feel pretty good about what we're putting together. We're going to have four strong lines out there."\nIU (11-6-1) will face off against Washington & Jefferson (20-4) in the Hoosiers' fifth game of the season against a division I opponent. IU is 2-2, with a pair of wins against No. 20 Robert Morris and two losses to No. 2 Illinois, against D-I teams.\n"I think the talent level (between D-I and D-II) is pretty even," senior goaltender Charlie Pulley said. "They might have a few extra players, but the games just come down to who plays together as a team and who shows up to win."\nThe Presidents will bring their high-scoring offense across the state to meet IU in the first game of the tournament. Washington & Jefferson averages 5.2 goals per game while allowing 3.33.\nIn the other game Friday, Penn State (19-2-1) will play West Virginia (2-19-2). Penn State is undefeated in 24 meetings with the Mountaineers. Should both PSU and IU win, the Hoosiers will get a chance to face off against No. 1 and three-time defending national champion PSU.\nThe tournament will be the Hoosiers' last games against D-I opponents this season and the last games before a four-game conference schedule that will finish the Great Midwest Hockey League season.