'Guy Thing' funny, but it's all been done before

Paul (Jason Lee) is totally in love with his fiancee Karen (Selma Blair), but too many drinks at his bachelor party leave him with no memory of that night. He wakes up to Becky (Julia Stiles) in bed and assumes he's just cheated on his soon-to-be wife.\nMoviegoers are once again stuck with a romantic comedy that just doesn't make us laugh enough or even tug at the heartstrings. Romantic comedies are supposed to make viewers bust out laughing one moment and melt hearts the next. "A Guy Thing" creates a few chuckles, but it misses the warm-hearted feeling it needs.\nStiles, however, is once again creative and impressive in her role as the air-headed Becky. From a tough teenager in "Ten Things I Hate About You" to the preppy, popular girl in "O," Stiles shows her versatility in "A Guy Thing." Too bad she picked the wrong script to show it.\nWhile Paul is falling in love with Becky and out of love with Karen, it's hard to feel it. Lee doesn't come through in his role. As the lead male, it's important that viewers feel the love he feels. \nSome of the humerous parts in the movie are funny, but they've all been done before. A bathroom scene, a wedding scene and parental meetings are not novel, just scenes that viewers can watch in any movie classic.\n"A Guy Thing" is also disturbing in its portrayal of men. What is referred to as "a guy thing" is when Paul wakes up with a woman other than his fiancee. More like a jerk thing. The situations Paul puts himself through in order to lie are ridiculous. It just doesn't hit the mark. "A Guy Thing" has its moments, but not enough to be remembered. Some movies like this have worthless scripts but still bring tears to girl's eyes. This one does not.